I have over 39 years of experience in a variety of operational, manufacturing, and supply chain disciplines. I’m passionate about driving excellence to transformations that rely on improving people, process and technology capabilities.
I enjoy achieving great results in a team environment. My knowledge of key business drivers whether it’s supply chain, OTC processes, or the technologies that support proper execution help me deliver solutions that clients need to solve their pressing issues.
After retiring from a successful career, I chose to enter the consulting space because I missed working with outstanding people to deliver value chain improvement opportunities for clients. I’m a great listener that relates to the business challenges clients face because I’ve been there. I excel at engaging all levels of management to the plant floor operational levels. I bring a direct and honest perspective to solution development and delivery.
Education / Certifications
- BS in Chemical Engineering, University of Florida
- Certified Lean Sigma Black Belt, Villanova University
- Certified in Lean Supply Chain Operations, Penn State University
- Certified in Lean Management, Lean Enterprise Institute
- Operational Excellence, Haslam College of Business, University of Tennessee
Pedro retired from USG Corporation as Vice President, Global Supply Chain. Responsibilities included Logistics, Transportation, and Strategic Sourcing functions for the Corporation. He held a variety of management and supply chain positions throughout his career. Areas of experience/expertise:
– Lead an Oracle ERP implementation and execution across a network of 50+ facilities and owned all SCM processes for the Corporation.
- Building centralized supply chain functions across the Corporation: production planning & scheduling, raw material replenishment processes, indirect sourcing, OTC.
- Driving operational excellence and continuous improvement initiatives by transforming people, process, and technology elements.
- Network optimization: strategy, development, and execution to reduce delivered costs, improve service level, optimize inventory, and improve on-time delivery.
- Continuous Improvement leveraging Lean Six Sigma, and LEAN tools and processes.
- Operational expertise – “greenfield” plant startup and operation of one of the largest wallboard plants in North America, and Plant Manager of 3 other manufacturing facilities producing diverse set of products.